Arabian Enterprise Incubators (AEI) has a vacancy for a bilingual (English-to-Arabic, Arabic-to-English) interpreter to specifically support the Saudi Arabian domain of Booz Allen Hamilton.
Booz Allen Hamilton is a client of AEI and requires a dedicated member of the AEI team to provide interpretation support in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia particularly for their Mobile Education Team events taking place in Tabuk and Riyadh throughout the year.
Booz Allen Hamilton is an American management consulting firm providing management and technology consulting services for different projects in Saudi Arabia.
The job will initially be based in the city of Tabuk but requires a high degree of flexible working, travel to other Saudi cities may also be required from time to time.
Main duties will be as follows:
• Set objectives:
o Bilingual simultaneous interpretation - English-to-Arabic, Arabic-to-English.
o Coordination meeting with course director to review course material and structure.
o Assist with minor written translation, for example certificates, amending slides if necessary, writing in Arabic the instructor's whiteboard or flipchart work.
o Help students with some of their work and translate Arabic to English during the student briefings.
o Coordinate with interpretation team for sustained accuracy of interpretation.
o Provide face to face interpretation when in breakout groups.
Perform other tasks as and when requested by the management.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
• Simultaneous English-to-Arabic & Arabic-to-English interpretation.
• Interpreter must have a minimum of 3 years of professional/formal experience.
• Interpreter must have experience with defense-related terms/ DOD Terminology and must be able to interpret “all dialogue.”
• Team player – with good coordination skills.
• A self-starter with good organizational and networking skills.
• Ability to engage confidently and at a high level with officials.
• Ability to balance competing priorities and to deal with a range of tasks against tight deadlines.
The initial contract will be for one year with a 90 day probation period. Salary will be competitive and based on experience. The total package available is up to SR10k per month but various additional allowances are available. Medical insurance, accommodation allowance and transport allowance will be included.
Interested candidates are invited to send a CV with a short cover letter explaining why they would be capable of taking on this challenging role.
Only those invited to interview will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is 20 January, 2017.